Thursday, January 12, 2012

true friends know the value of simple memories.

my grandma, for christmas, gave each of us gratitude journals. the gist is to every night, before you go to bed, make a list of things you are grateful for, with the thought that, the next morning, everything you didn't put on the list, you wouldn't have. there are things that are constant on my list: my warm home, my bed, my family, my toothbrush, yummy food, water, etc. normal gratitude list things. but then i got to thinking. what if i woke up and had absolutely no friends? what if everyone i cared about all of a sudden didn't remember i existed or something? what if? so tonight, i writing that in my gratitude journal that i am grateful for my friends, and those around me that keep my life interesting and fun. but i am going to write 2 names in specific. these kids are the main reason i am still here today. they are the biggest role models, and confidants i have and i love them both to death. they are my best friends, and their names are Skyler Johansen and Chandler Merkley. yes, there were times when we weren't very good friends. yes, there were times when we fought. but, you know what? they are the best best friends a girl could ask for. these 2 boys have been there for me through someone very rough things. skyler has talked me out of killing myself at least twice. chandler is just always there, whenever i need him. and there are wonderful memories with both of them. chandler taking me to my junior prom. skyler and that spring break (bahaha sky, good memories:)) and no. our friendships have not been easy. i have gotten my heartbroken by both of these boys. it's probably no coincidence that i still love them both to death. they are my best friends, and i am so grateful for them. so tonight, before you fall asleep, please just think of what you are grateful for. and tell them. tell anyone. tell God you are grateful for what you have. there is nothing that brings more joy than a heart full of gratitude. and gratitude is the key to happiness. so, if you would like to be happy, truly happy, be grateful for every little thing in your life. and never let the people you love forget you are grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment