Wednesday, January 4, 2012

i met her in room 201.

it was october,
i had just come in from a nice walk.
she got transferred into my room,
since she was stable.
just like me.
she had long brown hair,
and i was so jealous.
my short, blonde hair, looked so boring compared to hers.
she looked the way most of us did.
no makeup.
dark circles under her eyes.
she had a natural beauty though.
she was exactly what i was always jealous of.
and you know what she said to me?
first thing.
before i even knew her name.
"you're beautiful."
after that,
i knew we would be best friends.
and we were.
best. friends.
we both got out of rehab about the same time.
we exchanged addresses, 
and we were pen pals for a long time.
we called each other.
and we used skype.
i went to visit her,
and she came to visit me.
i told her all about everything that was going on.
she is the only one who knows how many times i've relapsed.
she came all the way here when i tried to kill myself.
then,
i got a boyfriend.
i got distracted from what is really important.
i forgot to tell her she was important.
i forgot to tell her she was beautiful.
and she forgot too.
she's still my best friend.
she will always be my best friend.
she'll be there at my wedding.
she'll be there when i graduate.
she'll be there through everything. 
she's always there,
because she's in my heart.


i miss you already...

No comments:

Post a Comment