Sunday, January 29, 2012

meghan is in a creative mood.

Inside these four walls, I am Queen of something. There are dragons (of course, there are always dragons) but I am aware now of the sword between my shoulder blades. I can feel myself unfolding like newborn legs. Now all that’s left is the walking, now all that’s left is the running straight to you, the heart of the matter.
I am asked, What was life like before he arrived? I couldn’t focus one thought at a time. The mouth of the world was constantly open, filling with falling snow. Everything was measured, everything was slow, but I was told the marrow in my bones could glow if the light hit them right; so I spent my days trying to adjust the angle of the sun. And I spent my nights trying to find my voice, which I had buried years before in the back of a drawer, under leaves and tears and the remains of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment