Monday, January 9, 2012

i hope i still have what it takes.

i put on my shoes for the first time today in 10 months. it was actually really scary. but i did it(: evidently, my reputation still precedes me. i was asked to help choreograph one song for our next recital. only, this one song, is an 10 minute masterpiece by Chopin called Ballade No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 23. maybe an easier song would have been nice.. actually, yeah. it would have. but, it's nice to know they trust me so much(: all i'm going to say is that there will be A LOT of nights spent at the studio between now and the recital. just saying. 
oh! we were doing Italian fouettes, 3 1/2 on one side, then sousou-ing and doing the other side; starting right, doing left, then right, then left. i realized just how out of shape i am. dang... it's gonna be hard getting back into this. training time for meghan(: walking on my toes, eating healthy (no more mcdonalds for a while:)), working out. time to start hitting the gym again. but, while i was getting ready for dance today, i decided i was going to post some old pictures of me and my friends from dance. since mostly no one has ever seen any of them. so, here you go(: they are all captioned i think. but blogger sucks with pictures. so they are out of order, simply because i don't want to fight with it right now. so, enjoy(:




this is clarissa,
she's an amazing dancer,
and she's gorgeous.





















Nutcracker. December 2010.



one of my favorite pictures of me.
because if you know me at all,
you know i get hurt a lot(:
October 2006.
(it says "i hope you get better
before the nutcracker" :))




Senior Company Team A
September... or maybe August... 2008.
i'm on the outside right.
in orange.



Warming up.
Right before my debut recital on pointe.
I had a solo(:
AND it was my birthday(:
August 2003. I think.
I was 9(:




Today.
Taping was hard.
Idk why.
I'm out of practice I guess(:



My watercolor from 6th grade.
I just had to add it(:










my first pointe shoes(:
i still have them.
March 2003.

My mom was getting all creative.
This was right before I quit.
So...
April 2010?
Maybe.



I was 4(:
1998. Sometime.



Today. My teacher got all excited that I was back.
Now there's 3 girls.
And we can actually do full choreography.
So she took pictures of each of our pointes.
So we can see what we can work on.


































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment