Tuesday, August 9, 2011

you've got so much love in you

sigh.
last night was great.
wonderful even.
we were standing in front of Roy's house.
((i was dropping him off, cause his car died))
and we were hugging and having the hardest time saying goodbye,
like we usually do,
and i just looked at him,
and something clicked.
this is what love is.
this, right here, is what it is.
it's me feeling more comfortable in his arms than anywhere else in the world.
it's in the way he looks at me and tells me my eyes sparkle, even at night.
it's how saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do, even though i know i'll see him tomorrow.
it's the way i can tell him anything, and i know he won't think any less of me.
it's how we can say goodbye to our childhoods together, even though they don't overlap at all.
it's how we can have so much fun doing the stupidest of things.
it's how i'm so comfortable around him and how he holds my hand when he's driving.
it's how he holds my body into his chest when i cry, and tells me i'm beautiful, even though there's makeup running down my face.
it's how he doesn't care if i do my hair or makeup and thinks i look just as good in sweats as i do in jeans.
it's how we can spend 14 hours together, but it's still not enough.
it's how he can do the weirdest things, and i can't help but think it's adorable, and vice versa.
it's how we can't lie to each other.
it's how he never stops reminding me that i'm beautiful, even though i deny it every time.
it's how, when i picture the rest of my life, i can't view one scenario where he is not there. 
i love you roy beltran.
more today than yesterday,
and forever and ever. 
please never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment