Wednesday, August 17, 2011

hi, i'm meghan

new blog look.
new blog title.
new meghan.


hi, i'm meghan, and, you have stumbled across my blog! congrats!
i hope you enjoy it as much as i do.
i find myself sitting here and wondering, why do i blog anyways? 
why do i put myself out to the world like this?
why?
let me tell you.
i have something to say.
i want to change people.
and if, through this blog, i change at least one persons thoughts,
actions,
beliefs,
make one person more tolerant,
or show one person the value of life,
then i've succeeded.
i've conquered my biggest want in life.
so, let me tell you a little about me.
i'm meghan.
i'm 16, ALMOST 17!![:
i'm an inspirational speaker for RAINN, the Rape and Incest National Network.
i was raped for the first time when i was 14, and have been raped 2 times since then.
i teach girls just like me the value in protecting themselves.
i also do workshops for the Dove foundation about positive body image and the role of media in young girls lives.
i love helping people.
when i get older, cause lets face it, i'll never grow up:], i want to be a psychiatrist for the criminally insane.
i am completely and madly in love with Roy Leon Beltran, my best friend and hero.
i love my life, and everyone in it.
and, most importantly, i hope that, through my example, you can learn that even the most common, normal person can do great things. 
that you, one person out of billions can change lives.
and that, with a little hard work, anyone can make a difference[:

No comments:

Post a Comment