Sunday, April 15, 2012

fasting can help re-kindle our gratitude for all that we have been given.

today, i am fasting for something very, very near and dear to my heart. 
and it's hard. fasting is hard, especially because i have only recently been able to eat again. but there is a sort of... love it shows, i think. this is not doctrine, but i believe that when we go to the Lord, in prayer, not being bogged down by the weight of worldly things, such as food, we are able to more fully commune with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. i know without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that the Savior loves me, that He went to the Garden of Gethsemane for me, and He sweat drops of blood from every pore for me, and He suffered pains that i can't even imagine for me, and He died on the cross of Calvary for me, so that i could be able to go back and live with Him and my God, and if that doesn't show pure Love, i don't know what does. 
so, if He can do that for me, i can go 24 hours without food in an attempt to become closer to Him, and for my supplications to be backed up with that act of determination. i can do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment