Friday, March 9, 2012

just to add to my testimony:

c.s. lewis said: I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
helen keller said: It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks.
cicero said: Just as the soul fills the body, so God fills the world. Just as the soul bears the body, so God endures the world. Just as the soul sees but is not seen, so God sees but is not seen. Just as the soul feeds the body, so God gives food to the world.
gilbert k. chesterton said: Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.
william pennington said: Our Father and Our God, unto thee, O Lord we lift our souls.
william blake said: The glory of Christianity is to conquer by forgiveness.
and, my personal favorite: dalai lama said: This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment