Thursday, March 8, 2012

actual conversation of the day. some people's children. i love them.(:

"do you even believe in God?" (upon finding out i'm not LDS.)
yes ma'am. i do.
"but you have scars on your wrists."
yes, indeed. thank you for noticing. i do. they symbolize a time in my life that was extremely difficult. 
"well, how you can be christian?" 
ummm, well, you're LDS. you say that you are christian too. have you ever gone through anything difficult?
"well, ummm, yeah. i guess. but i never hurt my body."
well, have you said anything mean to or about anyone else?
"i guess."
then you hurt something worse than your body. you hurt your soul. you hurt your relationship with your Savior. his commandment is to love thy neighbor as thyself. being mean is not keeping that commandment. therefore, you create one little cut on that relationship. and yes, my cuts hurt physically, but yours hurt something exponentially more important. and, you continue to do so everytime you slip up. i have since stopped cutting, and have regained that relationship with my Savior. He was there, waiting with open arms, as He is waiting for you.
"well, how are you going to explain that (pointing to my scars) to your spouse and children?"

my spouse won't ask what happened, because they will love me no matter what happened in my past. and, to my children, they will grow up knowing that i fought the hardest battle, and won. they will know that, even through hard things, life does get better. and they will know that, no matter what we do, and no matter how unforgivable we think our sins are, there is always hope. there is always a way out, that is through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment