Tuesday, July 12, 2011

and i could see that there was more to life

okay.
so i was just talking to mi amiga, meghan (not me obviously), and she said "you should write a blog post about how you and roy came to be, because no one saw it coming". 
and i said "yes. i think i shall[:" 
so here goes[:


roy beltran is that one guy that i had a crush on, first day of school. he was WWWAAAYYY out of my league. it was that nerd with the crush on the quarterback of the football team, disney channel kind of crush.
i got over it.


we had 2 classes together, well, 3 i guess: AP US Government and Socratic. he didn't even really talk to me at all first semester, that i remember. he'll probably correct me on that[:
but yeah.
i adored from afar and made myself like other guys, because i didn't want to get hurt, again.
but yes.
first semester sucked. haha
and then i started getting sick, and staying home from school a lot, and being really sick at school and stuff.
i didn't notice it at the time, because i'm stubborn or hard-headed or something, but he always seemed to be really worried about me when i wasn't there, and Kemsley, my bff, told me that when i wasn't there he always asked if i was okay, and he texted me a few times.
at one of the basketball games, i asked roy and marc to come sit by us. i was going through one of my many random "ooh roy. you're hot. and sweet. and i think i like you" phases. 
they were numerous.
but anyways, he came and sat with us. 
and i looked at him, and it scared me.
he scared me.
and i know what you're thinking,
"yo meghan. he's a boy. and you're, well, you. WHY WERE YOU SCARED?"
kemsley asked me that very question.
well, let me tell you.
boys are stupid, like by genetics or something.
and this was before i knew who he really was.
i had been hurt by boys like him before.
so i was terrified of liking him.
so, subconsciously at the time, though now i know better, i forced myself to like someone else.
and i did.
i really liked this other guy for almost 3 months.
and it wasn't fake, don't get me wrong.
it sounds like i used him, but i didn't. 
i swear.
i really liked him.
but then... something happened.
i just didn't anymore. 
and it was very sad for both parties involved, but that was life. 
sounds insincere, and a little shallow, but it's true...
and guess who i liked again!
roy.
darn it.
that boy just wouldn't get out of my head.
it was very problematic.
but then, my grandma died, and i was in california, and needed someone to talk to who didn't know anything about me, or my problems, or who i knew wouldn't judge me, and so i was on facebook and roy was on chat. and i message him. and we talked. and i vented, and cried, he in utah, i in california. 
and that's when i fell for him again.
i fell. and i fell HARD. 
have you ever met someone who was just so easy to talk to, and tell everything to?
that's who Roy was for me.
he knew everything about me within weeks.
never before have i trusted anyone that much. 
ever.
i texted him everyday.
and, surprisingly to me, he texted me back. 
we basically talked from the time he got out of basketball until i fell asleep. 
and it was blissful.
you know?
just having someone who i knew wouldn't try to kiss me, but who i could tell everything to.
i hadn't had that in a very long time.
and it was refreshing.
so, we texted. 
and got in trouble in our classes for talking to much.
his hugs were the safest place in the world.
he made me feel like i was floating everyday.
and i loved that.
and then, as if my life could get any better, it did.
he asked me on a date.
and, i was just... wow. 
i can't even really tell you how i felt, cause i can't describe it using words.
i was elated.
ask kems.
i have never been more excited for anything in my ENTIRE life.
ever.
i literally jumped up and down and screamed my head off for like... 2 hours when i got home. 
it was bad[:
that was on wednesday.
then on friday, the pcc. there may or may not have been an epic amount of flirting. it was a little adorable. or that's what kems said[:
i got home, showered, obviously, cause i was so gross, and then roy called and asked if i could go on a date with him on friday instead of saturday.
of course i said yes.
and i had 30 minutes to get ready[:
nothing like a little pressure to hurry a girl up[:
yay.
and so we went to devon's house and watched tarzan.
and there was cuddling.
not gonna lie.
and then we went to comedysportz.
so freakin' hilarious.
by the way.
but yeah.
he took me home.
and we stood on my porch, and hugged. and he said, and i will probably never forget this, "Meghan I have 2 questions to ask you."
my heart was racing, my palms getting sweaty, butterflies i thought were going to fly out of my body, you know, the normal reactions. 
he looked at me and said, "Meghan, I hope you know I don't usually do this, but will you be my girlfriend?" 
my brain: ummm, yes!!!!! OF COURSE!!!! GAAAAHHHHH!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! 
my mouth: "Yes. Of course". 
i was grinning from ear to ear. i really couldn't contain my happiness. it was great[:
and then he asked if i was free on monday to go to a civil war re-enactment. 
it was great. 


so, yes. that's the story.
a year of waiting.
on both parts i think. 
and it might sound like we have nothing in common, and on the surface, we are very much completely opposite of each other. 
and in the beginning, that's what made us so perfect, i think. we were very different, and, for me at least, he brought out, and continues to bring out, my best qualities.
but, as we get to know each other even better, we are more similar in many ways than we thought we were before. 
i learn something more about him everyday and it makes me love him even more.


this whole story being said, i am, quite honestly and sincerely, the most lucky girl in the world.
no joke. 
thee end[:

No comments:

Post a Comment