Sunday, July 8, 2012

sometimes, i can't sleep.

last night, i couldn't sleep, not unlike most other nights. but last night was different. i was afraid to sleep. i knew the dreams i would have would not be pleasant, and that bothered me enough that i couldn't sleep. anyways, yesterday, i stopped at Michael's on the way home from Salt Lake and pick up some oil paints, so i decided to finish some of my paintings. the waterfall one at the bottom i painted completely last night. it's still rough, i need to do some touching up.(: but yeah. the titles are underneath the paintings, and on some of them a little description. because my 8th art teacher said "a painting is never complete without a proper name."


Childhood Curiosity. i actually have
a picture of myself playing with bubbles
just like this, so i decided to paint it.
this specific painting was started in
8th grade. so it has taken about 5ish years
to finish.



Unforgotten Angels. i started this
in May, 2011. my grandma passed away
and i used this as a means to get some
negative emotions out.



Springtime. original, i know.(:



Sweet Graces. when i was little,
there was a lady who lived
next door to me named
Grace. she always had vases
of fresh flowers. and her curse
word was "sweet graces!!"
in honor of her life.
RIP Grandma Grace.
June 2009



Sweet Simplicity.

My Happy Place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment