Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Tribute.

Mr. Justin Kennington.

No words can describe the impact this man has had on my life.
He is, quite honestly, one of the most influencial people in my life.

As a little freshman at Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy, I was lost in a big high school. Quite frankly, all the facial hair freaked me out. And one day, I was lost, even in our tiny school. I kept getting run into, and stepped on. My books fell, and I fell bending over to pick them up. I just sat there in the fetal position, on the verge of tears. Then I opened my eyes to a very inviting, caring man walking over to me. He offered his hand, picked up my book, and asked my name.

I don't even know if he remembers that experience but that is my first of many memories of Mr. K.

I remember my 10th grade year, creative writing. I wrote a personal essay about a very specific memory I have of a small town in California. He asked me about it, not only knowing where this town is, but also having been there.

He always found reasons to interact with his student.

My senior year. A year of happy times, sad times, sick times. For both of us. Mr. K. got really sick, about the same time as I did. Mr. K. wasn't there to see me fall apart before being diagnosed with bipolar,

No comments:

Post a Comment