Sunday, April 24, 2011

Noteable.Quotables

May 9, 2011
If I could relive my life, I wouldn't. Cause everything I've done, I've never once regretted doing them. And everything I am is everything I was meant to be.

Not everything's gonna be picture perfect... Things sometimes take time and have rough times to get through... Before you can get there but if you give up on things you want, everything you've gone through ends up being completely worthless.
Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many people call you and it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. It isn't about who you've kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. It's not about your shoes or your hair or the color of your skin or where you live or go to school. In fact, it's not about grades, money, clothes, or colleges that accept you or not. Life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and it's not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. Life just isn't about that. But life is about who you love and who you hurt. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness, and compassion. Life is about avoiding jealousy, overcoming ignorance, and building confidence. It's about what you say and what you mean. It's about seeing people for who they are and not what they have. Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise. These choices are what life's about.


So I'm just thinking about how much I don't want my life to be boring. There is so much I want to do and so many places I want to go - but I don't really think it's ever gonna happen. I just don't wanna be one of those people who work somewhere they hate or live somewhere they don't want to live. But I feel like I'm gonna live here forever and not get a chance to see everything I want to see. I feel like my dreams are to unrealistic

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO- HOO what a ride!"


People are always telling me to smile, like smiling is going to just take away all the hurt and pain. Well I've tried that I've tried hiding my sorrows and covering the sadness in smiles and what I've learned is that when it hurts this much inside your heart always has a way of showing it no matter how many masks you wear.


If you can't solve it, it isn't a problem - it's reality. And sometimes reality is the hardest thing to understand and the thing that takes the longest to realize. But once it hits you in the face you'll never forget it. It will always be there in your memories and sometimes that is the best way to look at it.


Tom: : What happens if you fall in love?
Summer: Well, you don't believe that, do you?
Tom: It's love. It's not Santa Claus. - 500 Days of Summer


This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen of Margate, New Jersey, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met the one. This belief stemmed from early exposure to sad British pop music and a total misreading of the movie 'The Graduate'. The girl, Summer Finn of Shinnecock, Michigan, did not share this belief. Since the disintegration of her parent's marriage she'd only love two things. The first was her long dark hair. The second was how easily she could cut it off and not feel a thing. Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story - 500 Days of Summer

If Tom had learned anything... it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence... Tom had finally learned, there are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now
- 500 Days of Summer

Go for it? You can do it? That's not inspirational; that's suicidal! If pickles goes for it right there that's a dead cat. Lies, were liars think about it, why do people buy these things? It's not because they wanna say how they feel, people buy cards cause they can't say how they feel or they're afraid too. We provide the service that lets them off the hook. You know what? I say to hell with it. Lets level with America at least let them speak for themselves right I mean look, look. What is this, what does this say? ‘Congratulations on your new baby.’ How about ‘congratulations on your new baby, guess that's it for hanging out, nice knowing ya.’ How about this one? With all the pretty hearts on the front, I think I know where this one’s going. Yup ‘Happy Valentine’s Day sweetheart, I love you.’ Isn't that sweet? Ain't love grand? This is exactly what I'm talking about. What does that even mean, love? Do you know? Do you? Anybody? If somebody gave me this card, Mr. Vance, I'd eat it. It's these cards, and the movies and the pop songs, they're to blame for all the lies and the heartache, everything. We're responsible. I'M responsible. I think we do a bad thing here. People should be able to say how they feel, how they really feel, not ya know, some words that some stranger put in their mouth. Words like love, that don't mean anything. Sorry, I'm sorry, I um, I quit. There's enough bullshit in the world without my help
 - 500 Days of Summer

I will NOT be a goody bag at your pity party!
 - Nick and Nora's Inifinite Playlist

I don't know. I don't know, he's just always been there, and you just feel ignored for long enough and, it's just nice to feel special, sometimes. - Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist

I'm full of shit, okay? No I'm... I'm knowingly full of shit. Because, uh... because uh, uh... I have... I have never cared about anybody or anything in my entire life. And the thing is, everybody just kind of accepted that. Like, "That's just Jamie." And then you!... Jesus. You. You. You didn't see me that way. I have never known anyone who actually believed that I was enough. Until I met you. And then you made me believe it, too. So, uh... unfortunately... I need you. And you need me.
- Love and other Drugs

Sometimes the things you want the most don't happen and what you least expect happens. I don't know - you meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.
-Love and other Drugs

I wish I could give you what you're looking for, but I don't know what it is. There's a part of you that you keep closed off from everyone, including me. It's as if I'm not the one you're really with. Your mind is on someone else - The Notebook

We never said our love was evergreen or as unchanging as the sea, but if you can still remember: stop and think of me
- Phantom of the Opera

There you have it, folks. Young love. Full of promise, full of hope, ignorant of reality - Valentine's Day

Love is the only shocking act left on the planet. – Valentine’s Day

To some people, love doesn't exist unless you acknowledge it in front of other people. - Valentine's Day

You don't step in to love, you fall in. Head over heels. Have you ever seen someone fall head over heels in love? It's ugly, bro. - Valentine's Day

When you love someone, you love all of them... you gotta love everything about them, not just the good things but the bad things too. The things that you find lovable and the things you don't. – Valentine’s Day

May 6, 2011
I do honestly believe that people enter our lives for a reason. That everyone who we meet, who forms an impression has something to teach us. Everything that happens to us is an experience, and because of that it can never be bad. an experience can only be good because it all serves to shape the person that we are, the person that we become


Everybody asks, 'Why me? What did I do to deserve this?' The thing is, that's the wrong question. We should be asking ourselves: 'How on earth did I manage to get such an amazing opportunity to prove how strong I am?


Isn't it funny how the world changes sometimes? How the streets you've walked your entire life suddenly seem darker, colder? How the silence isn't so quiet anymore? How eyes you've barely even noticed, now look at nothing but you? How the walk home every night is no longer a routine, but a victory. And then you begin to wonder ... maybe it's not the world that changed, maybe it's just you .. and then, suddenly, you begin to wonder all over again


we are told to remember the idea, not the man because a man can fail. he can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world - V for Vendetta


It is easy to forget how perfectly life works out. When you are down, you believe that things never work in your favor. But if you look back, you see that, in many cases, things happened exactly the way they needed to


Who gets to determine when the old ends and the new begins? It's not on the calendar, it's not a birthday, it's not a new year, it's an event --big or small, something that changes us, ideally it gives us hope, a new way of living and looking at the world, letting go of old habits, old memories. What's important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning, but it's also important to remember amid all the crap are a few things really worth holding on to.


At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than your dream. The castle, well it may not be a castle. And it's not so important that it's happily ever after – just that it's happy right now. See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you. And once in a while, people may even take your breath away.


Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.


It's a trip ya know? when you're a kid you have this picture of how your life is gonna be, and it never crosses your mind that it's not gonna end up like that


Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many people call you, and it's not about who you've dated, are dating, or haven't dated at all. it isn't about who you kissed, what sport you play, or which guy or girl likes you. Its not about your shoes or your hair or the color of your skin or where you live or go to school. In fact, its not about grades, money, clothes, or colleges that accept you or not. Life isn't about if you have lots of friends, or if you are alone, and its not about how accepted or unaccepted you are. Life just isn't about that. But life is about who you love. and who you hurt. It's about how you feel about yourself. It's about trust, happiness, and compassion. It's about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love one else's in a way that could never have been achieved otherwise.


life is truly a ride. we're all strapped in, and no one can stop it. as you make your way from youth to adulthood to maturity, sometimes you put your arms up and scream; sometimes you just hang onto the bar in front of you. but the ride is the thing. i think the most you can hope for at the end of life is that your hair is messed up, you're out of breath, and you didn't throw up


Stepping up. It's a simple concept. It basically means to rise above yourself; to do a little more, to show you something special. Life's funny sometimes; it can push pretty hard like when you fall in love with someone but they forget to love you back like when your best friend and your boyfriend leave you alone, like when you pull the trigger or light the flame and you can't take it back. Like I said, in sports they call this 'stepping up'. In life, I call it pushing back.


Did you ever meet someone and have them totally change your life? That every thought you ever had about life and yourself was changed … the way you look at life and people and even breathe. It's like all that time you were hiding inside yourself till that person came into your life and suddenly everything was different. But even though they changed the way you looked and felt about things, they made you perhaps a little more cynical and untrusting of the world. And somehow it has to be learned that it's possible to trust again. And not everyone is going to stare you in the face and lie to you. But it's learning that, that's the hard part. It's not going to happen in a day … a week, or a month, but pretty soon you'll begin to realize that not everyone is going to hurt you. And that's when you're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment