Wednesday, March 6, 2013

my heart isn't breaking. not this time.

My heart's not breaking, dear.
Don't flatter yourself.

You gave me temporary glaucoma, but I can see again.

You told me about your playground girls and 

your Los Angeles girl and 
all those other high school girls.
 

I found our notebooks by the way.
I tucked them away in a box to deal with later.


I stared at the sun too long and your image burned onto my eyelids. But I blinked -one-two-three- and that was that.

The word 'vague' sticks in the back of my mouth and tastes like a swamp.
I'll gargle you away in a day or two.

I lost approximately zero minutes of sleep over you.

Don't worry, darling.
My heart isn't breaking.

And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment