Saturday, May 12, 2012

to all my middle school buddies.

i got asked how i survived middle school. so, here you go.


I was the girl who didn’t get invited to parties. My friends turned into the girls who stood in front of my face and talked about me like i wasn't there. Then I learned to play the piano. I literally played until my fingers bled. My mom had to tape them up, and you can imagine how popular that made me: “Look at her fingers. So weird”. But for the first time in my life, those girls could say anything they wanted about me, because I was just going to go home after school and write a song about it. So, my advice? Find something you love and do it. Never let it go because "it's weird", or "it's not the cool thing to do." Always treasure your thing in this world. Treasure your happiness when you are doing that thing. And, remember, even when it seems like everyone is turning against you, you're happier than they are, simply because you can be happy without hurting someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment