Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sorry It's been so long!!!

I’m just an immature little kid. I’m a 5 year old trapped in a 14-year-old girls body. I still drink chocolate milk with a straw and get yelled at for making bubbles. I sing when I walk down the street. I’m always the first one to run out to the ice cream man in the summer time. I still pee with the door open and dance to the sound of the shower. I run into my sister’s room when it’s time to go to bed and ask her to tell me a story. 

I still believe in the tooth fairy. My favorite holiday is Christmas & I stay up extra late to see if I can catch a glimpse of Santa. I still hop around my neighborhood handing out Easter eggs and pretending I’m the Easter bunny. I sleep with my blankie and barney every night. My rubber ducky still keeps me company in the shower. When it rains I run outside in the mud. Electricity plugs still fascinate me. Catching lighting bugs outside marks the start of the summer for me & my little sister. I still run around the house with underwear on my head. Socks and flip-flops are still a major "fashion yes"! Skimpy shorts and tank tops don’t interest me, I’d rather be wearing my sponge-bob square pants t-shirt. Growing up is for nerds. <3
haha. funny, long quote that totally describes my life. and i will tie it in. give me a sec.
HI GUYS!!!! i'm home! I don't remember if i told you were i was gonna be. but i was in Houston, Texas with my aunt, selling her business at Mary Kay Leadership Conference. it was one of the most memorable, amazing, fantastic, inspirational experiences of my whole life. i learned so much about me, my fears, and how to overcome them. i made a little list of things i had to be a million miles from home to learn. :)

1.) I love my school. Kind of alot.
2.) My hair does NOT like humidity. It's pretty great.
3.) Two way roads in Houston are rare. Lke an "oh my goodness! 2 way road! go drive on it!" kind of rare.
4.) Flying by yourself isn't as scary as it sounds. Alot of really nice people work in airports.
5.) Sometimes airports change your gate without telling you. That's great fun. NOT.
6.) I'm going to miss all my vendor buddies!!!
7.) It's warm in Houston... Enough said.
8.) For a city that is supposed to get alot of rain, no one knows how to drive in it. It's quite humorous. and their gutter systems SUCK. everything was flooding.
9.) As much as I hate winter in Utah, the snow is really pretty, especially from a nice warm airplane.
10.) Utah's mountains are BEAUTIFUL. Don't take advantage of that fact.
11.) I am totally addicted to being with my friends. It was hard being away from them.
12.) I am truely blessed. Seeing all those people without homes broke my heart.
13.) I'd much rather be driving in Utah then in Texas. It's a little complicated there.
14.) My aunt is so cool. Enough said
15.) Don't go to a hotel for dinnner. They can, just because people are lazy, but still need to eat, raise the prices to astonomical amounts, just because people are willing to pay them.
16.) Don't leave your parents unattended. I came home to my dad having a broken hand. Gooody...
17.) Hotel shampoo and conditioners are made to work, not smell good.
18.) If you initiate conversation, people are way more likely to talk to you.
19.) I know more spanish than I thought I did.
20.) I am in love with my black pencil skirt. It is really comfortable, and it makes me feel like a million bucks. One of those peices you wear and you immediatly feel like a different person.
21.) Heels. Even though they hurt your feet a little, they instantly make you feel more confident and you look better. Sorry to break it to you.
22.) Fear is very relative. Everyone deals with it, but the people who are out there, making a difference in society are the ones who FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAYS.

i think that should be the name of the last week of my life. feel the fear and do it anyways. that's what i did. i am terrified of planes, flew by myself. i am scared of initiating conversations, did that ALOT. i am afraid of telling people about my religion or about my past trials, told a complete stranger those on the plane ride home. man. it was just an amazing week. 

but as for the quote, part of my amazing week was attending a seminar by Sean Smith. he is a life coach and he talked to a group of Mary Kay directors about how they are sabotaging their business. some of it i couldn't relate to myself, but something that really impressed me was he talked about about our limiting beliefs, and how from the time we are about 3 years old, we are forced to wear different "costumes" or sterotypes. (another post about that is yet to come. :)) but to really, truely be happy, we have to go back to our core self, or the person we were when we were younger, only having 2 rules:
1.) I get whatever I want.
2.) I get it now.
if we can get back to that point, nothing would stand in the way of our dreams. so from today on, i am going to really work on that, not letting any fear or stereotype stand in MY way. I hope you all take this challenge with me. :)

wow. sorry. long post. i love you all! hope you have had as great of a week as i have! :)

<3 love <3, Megs :]

No comments:

Post a Comment